- Promote Board Certification, particularly in Group Psychology
- Increase the numbers of psychologists who are Board Certified in Group Psychology
- Work cooperatively with the American Board of Professional Psychology
- Mentor candidates throughout the examination process
- Attend to issues of diversity including race, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, socioeconomic status, religion and spirituality, sexual orientation (LGBTQI), and physically challenged status.
Training Director & Group Coordinator Awards
In 2018, the American Board of Group Psychology (ABGP) created the Training Director & Group Coordinator Awards. The board strongly believes that both training directors and group coordinators are in a unique role of promoting group specialty for graduate students and early career psychologists. ABGP created two $1,000 awards to defray the costs of the board certification application and examination process in group psychology. Applicants were asked to provide a brief statement describing their interest in certification, cover letter, and current work in training doctoral students in group psychology. Each year two awardees are given a contract letter with outlined expectation of completing the board certification in group psychology within two years. The awardees are reimbursed after the successful completion of all requirements for the board certification including the oral examination.
If you are interested in learning more, please email Dr.Bogomaz.