- Promote Board Certification, particularly in Group Psychology
- Increase the numbers of psychologists who are Board Certified in Group Psychology
- Work cooperatively with the American Board of Professional Psychology
- Mentor candidates throughout the examination process
- Attend to issues of diversity including race, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, socioeconomic status, religion and spirituality, sexual orientation (LGBTQI), and physically challenged status.
In 2018, the American Board of Group Psychology (ABGP) created the Training Director/Group Coordinator and the Diversity Awards. Each year two awardees are given a contract letter with outlined expectation of completing the board certification in group psychology within two years. The awardees are reimbursed after the successful completion of all requirements for the board certification including the oral examination.
If you are interested in learning more, please email Dr.Bogomaz.